KeepSafe is the ultimate file protection and revisioning program. It offers a seamless way to protect all of your most important files as you work on them in real time! It does not replace a full system backup, but rather provides protection during those times between backups and only works on files you actually change saving disc space.
When installed, KeepSafe can be configured to protect certain file types (i.e.-.doc, .xls, .pst, etc.) or entire directories (i.e. "My Documents"). From then on, anytime a change is saved to one of those files, KeepSafe will automatically back up that file to a user defined location (typically a server, external drive, or backup directory on local machine).
KeepSafe can even keep multiple revisions (the number set by the user), so if a key data file gets corrupted, the user can right click on that file and choose to return to a previous version from 20 seconds ago or 20 days ago. KeepSafe is so seamless it works without you even realizing its working. Users never have to remember to backup their important files anymore. KeepSafe does it automatically. Users, once they've customized their setting definitions won't have to remember to backup their important files anymore. KeepSafe will do it automatically without hot keys or hot buttons to worry about.
Have you ever had a document become corrupted just when you were saving it? Have you ever overwritten an important file, wished you could go back to an earlier version, or had your hard drive crash and your most recent backup was a month old? Do you have a computer? Then you need KeepSafe!
KeepSafe 1.1 adds "Diff" support so that only changes in new versions are saved rather than the entire file. You can try it out for yourself. Stardock originally developed this to solve the problem of people simply not making backups. The solution, KeepSafe, integrates data archiving into the file system itself.
» version 1.1 - posted on 2006-11-09
Important: Read this before using your copy of Stardock.net's KeepSafe.
End User License Agreement
This user license agreement (the AGREEMENT) is an agreement between you (individual or single entity) and Stardock.net, Inc. for the Right-Click program (the SOFTWARE) that is accompanying this AGREEMENT.
The SOFTWARE is the property of Stardock.net, Inc. and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties. The SOFTWARE is not sold, it is licensed.
LICENSED VERSION The LICENSED VERSION means a Registered Version (using your personal serial/registration number) or an original fully working version of the SOFTWARE. If you accept the terms and conditions of this AGREEMENT, you have certain rights and obligations as follow:
1. Install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE on a single computer.
2. Install a second copy of the SOFTWARE on a second computer only if you are the main user of this computer (home computer or laptop for example).
3. Install the SOFTWARE on another computer only if you change your main workstation. In such a case you must uninstall the software from the old computer.
4. Use the SOFTWARE via a network, only if you have purchased an adequate number of licenses. The number of users must not exceed the number of licenses you have purchased.
5. Make a copy of the SOFTWARE for archival purposes only.
YOU MAY NOT:
1. Copy and distribute the SOFTWARE or any portion of it except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
2. Sublicense, rent, lease or transfer your personal registering number.
3. Sublicense, rent or lease the SOFTWARE or any portion of it.
4. Decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify the SOFTWARE or any portion of it, or make any attempt to bypass, unlock, or disable any protective or initialization system on the SOFTWARE.
5. Copy the documentation accompanying the SOFTWARE.
6. Upload or transmit the SOFTWARE, or any portion thereof, to any electronic bulletin board, network, or other type of multi-use computer system regardless of purpose.
7. Include the SOFTWARE in any commercial products intended for manufacture, distribution, or sale.
The SOFTWARE is supplied "AS IS". Stardock disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any purpose. The user must assume the entire risk of using this SOFTWARE.
DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES
Stardock.Net, Inc. assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of this SOFTWARE, even if Stardock.Net, Inc. have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Any liability of the seller will be limited to refund of the purchase price.
This license is effective from your date of purchase and shall remain in force until terminated. You may terminate the license and this agreement at any time by destroying the SOFTWARE and its documentation, together with all copies in any form.
The Company and/or our Licensors hold valid copyright in the Software. Nothing in this Agreement constitutes a waiver of any rights under U.S. Copyright law or any other federal or state law.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY AND SUPERCEDES ALL PROPOSALS OR PRIOR ENDORSEMENTS, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY OR ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Developed and Published by:
15090 Beck Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170 USA
Stardock is a registered trademark of Stardock Systems, Inc. KeepSafe, and Stardock.net are trademarks of Stardock.net, Inc. KeepSafe configuration .ini formats are copyright Stardock.net, Inc. 2002-2004.
(c) Copyright Stardock.net, Inc. 2002-2004.
All trademarked names mentioned in this document and SOFTWARE are used for editorial purposes only, with no intention of infringing upon the trademarks.
No part of this publication may be reproduced without written permission from Stardock.net, Inc. All rights reserved.